If I change the vehicle colour do I need to notify the DVLA

By covering the entire vehicle in vinyl, it is the DVLA’s view that the colour change should be recorded. To notify them, you need to complete section 7 of the registration form V5C and return this to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA. You should recieve a replacement certificate within 2-4 weeks.

Back to FAQs